What personal information does Pro Peace collect?
When you register for, login to or use the Pro Peace application (“Application”), Pro Peace will collect information from which you or other individuals can be identified (“Personal Information”).
Pro Peace will collect the following types of Personal Information about you:
- your name, email address and city;
- the image that you’ve posted as a profile picture on the social media platform you use to login to the Application;
- Personal Information about you that you include in your profile on the Application, including age and gender; and
- any other Personal Information that you or other users upload to the Application, including information about your location, endorsements, and any other Personal Information in posts or shares.
We will also collect information about how our users use the Application – such as how often they login to the Application and how long they spend using it – in order to determine which areas our users find most valuable and to evaluate ways to improve the Application. However, we only collect and use this information in such a way that you will not be able to be identified from it.
How is your Personal Information collected?
Pro Peace collects your Personal Information:
- directly from you when you input it into our Application, such as when you fill in or update your Application profile;
- from other Application users when they upload it to our Application, such as when they include information about you in their posts; and
- from other sources if the retrieval is requested or triggered by your use of the Application, such as from Facebook or Google when you login to the Application using your accounts with them, or from your device when you “check in” on the Application to an event or nearby location.
How Pro Peace uses your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be used for the following purposes. For each purpose, Pro Peace is required to identify a legal basis for using your information from those prescribed by applicable data protection law – so we’ve flagged these in brackets below too:
- to verify your identity (to perform our contract with you);
- to display on your Application profile (to perform our contract with you);
- to fulfil your requests for products and services, such as the content available through the Application (to perform our contract with you);
- to send you information you agreed to receive about products, services, topics and events we think will be of interest to you (with your consent);
- to communicate with you about the services we provide through the Application (to achieve our legitimate interests in ensuring we provide those services to you effectively); and
The Impact Profile application is designed to provide you with a picture of your overall impact. It will list actions that you have recorded, and verify actions in certain conditions. It may also use that information to calculate or provide different scores that give a high-level assessment of your impact.
Where information is generated for your profile that is not from your direct user data that you have created, we will provide information about how we created that information. You may write to us at any time via the e-mail address below to request such an explanation.
With whom is your Personal Information shared
Pro Peace will share your Personal Information:
- with affiliated entities, including (where you have consented to it) for the purpose of these affiliated entities notifying you from time to time about their products, services, topics and events which they believe you may find valuable or of interest;
- with companies for the purpose of hosting the Application and providing customer service (to perform our contract with you);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (to achieve our legitimate interests in effecting the sale or purchase);
- when required by law, such as when Pro Peace responds to subpoenas, court orders or legal process or to protect the rights, property or safety of Pro Peace, our customers, affiliates or others (to comply with our legal obligations); and
- when Pro Peace believes it necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or improper activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the rights, property or safety of Pro Peace, its users or others, or violations of the Application Terms and Conditions (to achieve our legitimate interests in protecting Pro Peace against these legal or commercial threats).
How long Pro Peace will store your Personal Information for
Pro Peace may store your data for as long as you use the service. If at any time you decide that you would like to remove your data from the service, you may do this by accessing your Personal Profile within the application and selecting “Delete Profile”. Please be aware that we are unlikely to be able to undo this action.
If you are unable to access the application, you may contact us using the information beneath to request the deletion of an account.
After an account has been deleted, Pro Peace may store additional copies of your Personal Information in past snapshots of the service (or “backups”) which have been stored for the purposes of business continuity. We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that if that data is ever used to restore the service, that your account would subsequently be re-removed again.
The safety of children is very important to Pro Peace. No information should be submitted to or posted on the Application by children under the age of 13.
Your rights with respect to your Personal Information
You have the following rights relating to your Personal Information in certain circumstances:
- to receive a copy of all the Personal Information about you held by Pro Peace and check we are processing it lawfully;
- to ask us to correct any errors in that Personal Information;
- to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information, including when exercising your right to object to processing (see below);
- to ask us not to process your Personal Information, including where Pro Peace is using it for direct marketing purposes;
- to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- to ask us to transfer your Personal Information to another party;
- to withdraw your consent where you have provided it for Pro Peace’s collection or use of your Personal Information for a specific purpose.
Contacting Pro Peace
If you have any questions, concerns, comments or complaints about the Application and/or the Personal Information you’ve submitted to it, please contact Pro Peace using the contact details provided below:
Telephone: 020 8334 9900
Postal address: Pro Peace Ltd, 10-12 Barnes High Street, London SW13 9LW, United Kingdom.
If you are concerned about how Pro Peace uses your Personal Information, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues, using the information provided on its website (https://ico.org.uk). You may alternatively make a complaint to the supervisory authority in your place of residence or the place in which the relevant infringement has taken place, if different from the ICO.